Nay Pyi Taw November 29
The Myanmar Tatmadaw delegation led by Deputy Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services Commander-in-Chief (Army) Vice-Senior General Soe Win, who attended the 19th ASEAN Chiefs of Army Multilateral Meeting- ACAMM 19th and the closing of the 28th ASEAN Armies Rifle Meet- AARM 28th held in Malacca, Malaysia, visited old A Famosa Fort and St. Paul’s Church in Malacca at 7.30 am local standard time on 28 November, and they were conducted round there by officials.
A Famosa Fort, located in Malacca, Malaysia, is a former Portuguese fortress. It is among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Southeast Asia and the Far East. Portuguese fleets built the fortress while they occupying Malacca from 1511 to 1641. The museum was officially opened on 18 April 2008 for public observance.
St. Paul’s Church is located on St. Paul’s Hill in the compound of A Famosa Fort of Malacca City. It is a historical church built in 1521. It is one of the oldest churches not only in Malaysia but also in Southeast Asia. Now, it is being preserved as a museum.
The Myanmar Tatmadaw delegation led by the Vice-Senior General left Kuala Lumpur International Airport of Malaysia by air at 1 pm local standard time on 28 November for Suvarnabhumi International Airport of Thailand. They were seen off at the airport by Myanmar Ambassador to Malaysia U Sein Oo, Myanmar Military Attaché (Army, Navy and Air) Brig-Gen Thet Tun Aung, Inspector General of Malaysian Army Major General Datuk Adnan Bin Abu Bakar and officials.
The Myanmar Tatmadaw delegation left Suvarnabhumi International Airport of Thailand by air at 7.20 pm local standard time on 29 November and arrived back in Myanmar at 8 pm. They were welcomed back at the airport by Commander of Yangon Command Maj-Gen Thet Pon and senior military officers, Malaysian Defence Attaché to Myanmar Colonel Abdul Razak Bin Haron and officials.