1. Extremist Bengali terrorists with the strength ranging from more than 6,200 in minimum to 10,000 in maximum led by ARSA simultaneously committed synchronized attacks on almost all the villages of Rakhine ethnics including a Tatmadaw military headquarters and 30 police outposts in Buthidaung, Maungtaw and Yathedaung regions in Rakhine State with planting mines and with the use of swords, spears, small arms and home-made mines in the terror attack event on 25 August 2017. A total of 38 clashes happened on that day. One Tatmadaw member, 10 police members and one personnel of Immigration Department, totalling 12 sacrifi ced their lives for the State, and some were wounded. In the incidents, six small arms were taken by extremist Bengali terrorists from the police outposts. Moreover, a total of 130 local civilians were inhumanely killed. As such, Tatmadaw members and Myanmar Police Force members jointly discharged regional security duty to expose terror attacks, rapidly seize arms and ammunition taken by the terrorists and ensure safety of local people.
2. In doing so, the Office of the Commander-in-Chief (Army) issued an instruction to the respective operation commands in order to abide by the rules of engagement in responding to the terror attacks of extremist Bengali terrorists.
3. With regard to the incidents, the investigation team led by Lt-Gen Aye Win was formed in October 2017 to carry out investigation. As the investigation showed weaknesses in control and management for security of the region and gathering of security information in advance, necessary action has been taken against the officials related to these cases.
4. Due to assessments and suggestions of the Offi ce of the Judge Advocate-General over the reports of the investigation team which inspected the incidents and over the reports on accusations compiled by Human Rights Watch Group, Amnesty International
and United Nations Fact Finding Mission, it needs to further scrutinize and approve the respective reports.
5. Therefore, the information is released that the investigation court was formed with following persons to further scrutinize and approve the respective incidents, starting from 18 March 2019.
(a) Maj-Gen Myat Kyaw Chairman
(b) Colonel Kyaw Kyaw Naing member
(c) Colonel Than Naing member
Tatmadaw True News Information Team